Where are all the pasta loversss at? I’m sure we are quite a number! ? I could eat pasta for breakfast, lunch and of course supper. Yes, it is very much possible. haha. Besides that, and on a serious and honest note, this recipe has been HIGHLY requested for by majority of my instagram audience. I have felt the pressure to put it up, and share this bowl of deliciousness with each one of you. ❤
This is going to be an easy recipe, that you could even be woken up at 2 am in the night and make it without missing a step, well I hope so ? I am specifically using tagliatelle which is one of my favorite types of pasta, other than linguine and penne. Sooo, it is time for you to stock up and recreate this deliciousness.
- 8 balls of tagliatelle pasta
- 1 packet of mushrooms (sliced)
- 500 gm of boneless chicken breast (cut into cubes)
- 3/4 cup of double cream / cooking cream
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- Cilantro/ Dhania stems
- 1/2 a tspn of cumin
- 1/2 a tspn of paprika
- 1/2 a tspn of black pepper
- 1 chicken cube
Method (For the pasta) :
- In a pan, boil enough water to cover the pasta.
- Once simmering hot, add a generous amount of salt.
- Add the pasta balls and let them cook for 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, set some pasta water aside which will be used in making the sauce and drain the rest.
REASON: Since pasta is made of flour, it releases starch into the cooking water as it boils.This water will help emulsify and thicken your sauce.
5. Pass over the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent it from sticking together. Set the pasta aside.
For the Chicken & Mushroom:
- Season you chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. In a skillet, add olive oil and cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on medium high heat. Once cooked, take them out and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add some olive oil and mushrooms. Saute them for about 5 minutes until they shrink and their natural water has evaporated fully. Take them out and set aside.
For the Sauce:
- Using the same pan that cooked your chicken & mushroom, add olive oil, followed by onions, garlic and dhania stems.
- Add your spices and cook them until soft and fragrant.
- Dissolve the chicken cube in the pasta water and add it to the vegetables.
- Add the double cream / cooking cream and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Then add your chicken and mushrooms.
- If the sauce is not enough, add some more water/ cream.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and coat it evenly.
SERVE AND ENJOY !! ??
Thank you for reading this post, if you do recreate this recipe, take a photo and tag me on Instagram : @davidkinyanjuii
See you on the next one fam, and remember to stay safe! ❤