Can we take just a moment and appreciate how Chicken is delicious? I mean you can cook this bird in so many ways and it will taste good all the time… Here is a tip for you, If you are at a new restaurant and you are not quite familiar with the menu, order chicken. It is the safest item you could do order!
I love the combination of lemon, garlic and chicken… It is a match made in heaven!! Hence why this recipe is here today, the flavors are mind blowing… tenderness of the meat is perfect and it is filling, well depends on your appetite haha.
So, for you to create this simple masterpiece of a meal, this is how you will do it:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 500 gm Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 4 tbspn of unsalted butter
- 2 Lemons (yellow)
- 1/2 a cup all purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves ( minced)
- 1 tspn of salt
- 1 tspn of black pepper
- Coriander/ Parsley for garnish
- 1/2 tspn corn flour
- Olive Oil
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper evenly.
- Place the flour in a plate, and coat the chicken evenly with the flour.
- In a skillet, over medium high heat, add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken one by one.
- Cook the chicken on both sides until golden brown, each side taking about 4 minutes, hence 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, set the chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, reduce the heat over to medium heat and add the garlic. Saute for less than a minute then add the chicken broth.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, let it simmer then add three tablespoons of butter. Add half a teaspoon of corn flour so that it could thicken the sauce. Stir it completely.
- Once the butter has melted, add the chicken to the skillet and coat it with the sauce.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy!
- Serve with a plate of rice/ Vegetables/ Pasta… literally your favorite starch.
Thank you for reading this post fam, see you on the next!