For a long time, I have been into Pasta & noodles. If I am not too hungry and I happen to eat out, I would order pasta at times… haha, but then again that is very rare because whenever I go to eat out I am usually ready with an APPETITE to feed a whale ??
I just enjoy the delightful taste of pasta, with some cheese and whatever meat that is an add on! The combination drives home, without any single doubt.
For this festive season, I would like to plug you guys on to this spaghetti bolognese recipe that will leave you licking your fingers and the entire plate as well, you can count on me for that ?
Prep time: 13 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves : 3
What you will need:
- 200g of minced meat
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Half a carrot
- Half an onion
- A bunch of celery
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 150 ml of Red Dry wine/ (3) grated tomatoes
- 1 cup of Vegetable stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tspn oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Cooked spaghetti
- Permasan cheese
- In a sauce pan, add your butter and olive oil on medium heat
- Add in your carrots, the essence of the carrots is for a slight sweet taste. Add your celery and onions as well
- Let them sweat and cook for about 2-3 minutes
- Add in your minced meat and keep stirring as it cooks. When the meat starts becoming smaller, add in your wine
- Add in your tomato paste and keep stirring the minced meat. At this point, add in your vegetable stock, bay leaf and oregano.
- As the meat is cooking, season it with salt and black pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook and simmer for at least 40 minutes on medium low heat. Add water bit by bit if needed.
- Once the time has elapsed and meat is cooked, add in your cooked spaghetti and stir it in the meat.
- Serve the dish on your plate and top it off with permasan cheese.
Enjoy your meal and don’t forget to show me if you try the recipe!
Happy holidays fam and see you on the next one ?
Thank you for reading this post.