IN COLLABORATION WITH JAMIE RARIEWA ???
Before we get to the main point, Ive got a joke to tell.. lol! ?
Q: What type of person doesn’t like pizza?
A: A weir-dough! ?
I am a big fan of pizza, mainly the fact that it has cheeeeeese! Anything with cheese hits my spot right. I usually feel like pizza is not as satisfying to me because I could eat a large one by myself! I am sure most of you can do the same! ?
Recently, Jamie came up with the idea that we should make pizza and I was up for it! I was excited to see what toppings he would come up with because you know, the toppings make the pizza elevate to top taste!
We decided to go with making two pizzas: BBQ Chicken and Ham & basil. They tasted so goooooood!
Here is what you need:
For the Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil / Olive oil
For the tomato pizza sauce
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
For the BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- One pinch of salt & black pepper
- For the pizza toppings
- 500g pan fried chicken strips
- 2 onions sliced
- 250g mozzarella cheese half grated & half sliced
- 250g ham cut into small squares
Serves : 16 slices
Prep time: 2 hours
- Add yeast to warm water and mix. Set it aside until it gets foamy. This is the activation process and it assures you that you are using the right yeast.
- Add the flour, salt and oil and knead the dough for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth & elastic. Cover it with a cloth to rest for 1 hour.
- Boil your tomatoes for 3 minutes to easily peel off the outer skin. Blend the skinned tomatoes with onions and garlic then boil the mixture until reduced by half. Add the oil, salt & black pepper and stir it for an additional 5 minutes then set it aside to cool.
- Dissolve the sugar with water then add the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt & black pepper then mix it all together and set it aside.
- Divide the dough into two equals then roll each to a 14-16 inch diameter.
- For the Chicken BBQ, apply the BBQ sauce on the pizza dough, sprinkle grated cheese on the dough as well as the pan fried chicken strips and the sliced onions.
- For the Ham and Basil, apply the tomato pizza sauce on the dough, sprinkle the ham evenly and add the slices of mozzarella
- Bake the two pizzas at 200 for 15-20 minutes or until brown on the edges.
- Garnish the Chicken BBQ pizza with dhania & the Ham & Basil with Basil
- Serve warm and enjoy your pizza!
This recipe belongs to Jamie, he came up with the idea and cooked the pizza for us. I had a great time learning from him.
You can find Jamie on;
Thank you for reading this and see you on the next post!