Woah, its been a month since I wrote a recipe on my blog. To be honest, I was having those moments where I don’t feel like writing anything. I was just exhausted and needed some time off to bring my ideas to life. Other than that, I hope you lot are doing fine and staying safe during this period.
I love pork, if there was a word greater than love it would have been that! haha, so I decided to make pork tortillas and give you guys a recipe to hold on to during this hard time! Ready? here is the recipe…
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 35 min
You will need:
- Tortilla wraps ( mine are home made, which is healthier if you prefer)
- 1/2 a kg of Pork
- 3 tomatoes ( grated )
- 1 onion ( finely diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic ( minced)
- 1/2 a tspn of black pepper
- 1/2 a tspn of paprika
- 1/2 a tspn of salt
- 1/2 a tspn of cumin
- Kachumbari/ Salsa
- Home made bbq sauce : you can find the recipe here: http://davidkinyanjui.com/chicken-wings-2-ways/
- In a pan, boil your pork for about 20 minutes until it cooks through
- Once cooked, in a separate pan add in some oil, onions and garlic. Cook them until they are soft and fragrant.
- Add in your tomatoes and spices, followed in by some of the stock that remained while boiling the meat. Let this cook for about 3 minutes then add in the pork.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer on low heat.
- In a saucepan, prepare your BBQ sauce. Once ready, coat the pork with the sauce.
- Warm your tortilla wraps and add your pork on them evenly. Then top it off with some salsa and enjoy your meal!
Thanks for reading this post guys, see you on the next one fam!