I’ve got to say this again, but Chicken stays undefeated. The fact that you can eat it in many different ways and have different experiences throughout is one of the many reasons why. I’m going to share with you my chicken curry recipe that will be very easy to make if you follow step by step. Don’t miss out on the deliciousness, you have to try this out !
Prep time : 30 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 3 people
- 1/2 a kg of Chicken breast (sliced in cubes)
- 250 ml of Plain yogurt / Maziwa mala
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Cooking oil
- Lemon juice
- Diced onions
- 1 tomato ( preferably grated)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Dhania for garnish
- Marinate the chicken with the dry spices and lemon juice for a minimum of 30 minutes. For better results, 24 hours will do.
- Boil the chicken until it becomes cooked, this will take about 8-10 minutes
- In your pan, add in your oil and your diced onions
- Followed by the garlic
- Cook them until they soften for about 2-3 minutes
- Add dhania stems, this enrich the stew with a lot of flavor
- Add your grated tomatoes, then add in a teaspoon of cumin, black pepper, turmeric, curry powder and salt.
- Add in hot water bit by bit in order to attain a thick stew
- Cover the pan and let the spices cook for about 5 minutes
- Then add in your chicken followed by 1 cup of PLAIN yogurt
- Mix the chicken and make sure the yogurt has coated each and every part of the chicken
- Cover your pan and let it simmer for about 5 minutes
- Garnish your chicken with some dhania leaves and you are ready to dig in.
You are free to have your chicken curry with any side of your choice; boiled rice, naan, potatoes…whatever you prefer
I had mine with some tandoori naan and boiled rice and trust me the combination was great!
Thank you for your time and see you on the next post!