If there was one type of meat I could eat for the rest of my life, it would definitely be chicken. Chicken happens to be addictive, you could cook it differently every now and then and you will still enjoy it, as for me that is. What usually boosts the flavor of the chicken is the sauce / mchuuzi that it is cooked with. When you go right here, you are assured of some A1 tasting chicken. On this recipe, I decided to merge my homemade bbq sauce with some chicken drumsticks . ? Ah, it was so delicious
Since I care about all of you, let me plug you into this simple yet so good recipe:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time : 1 hour
Serves : 3 people
- Half a kilogram of chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- A splash of lemon juice
- Cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of mustard
- 1/2 cup of ketchup (NOT Tomato Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of chilli sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
Method ( Chicken )
- Dry your chicken with kitchen serviettes to make sure it is completely dry
- Gently cut through the chicken (not too deep) . This allows the flavors of the marinade to marinate into the chicken well enough
- Marinate the chicken with black pepper, salt, cumin, paprika and lemon juice. Rub it in well and let it marinate for 30 minutes to an hour. If you can do it the night before, even better!
- At this point the chicken smells so good, you would even be tempted to eat it raw ? but that’s a good sign and you can proceed to the next step.
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes
- Place foil paper on the baking tray and drizzle some oil on it
- Add in your chicken, with the skin facing up . This makes the skin crunchy which I’m sure most of us like
- Bake the chicken at 200 – 220 degrees for 20 minutes, then flip them to face the other side and let it bake for another 20 minutes.
- At this point, your chicken is ready, remove it from the oven and set it aside
Method (BBQ Sauce)
On a pan, on low heat, add in your ketchup, honey, mustard , sugar and apple cider vinegar. Stir it until it’s all mixed and you have made a simple BBQ sauce!
Brush the sauce on your chicken making sure each part of the chicken coats the sauce.
You are ready to serve.
When you take your first bite, you won’t stop eating because of how good it is
Don’t say I never told you so..
Thank you for reading, see you on the next one folks! ?