A salad does not have to be pure vegetables, that’s boring! The combo of chicken incorporated in a salad with a fine salad dressing is heavenly! Full of flavor! This Cobb salad will have you making your salad different from today, it can be a quick lunch fix, snack or one of those moments you are trying to be healthy.
- 500gm Chicken breast
- 1 medium Lettuce chopped, rinsed and dried
- 250gm Cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado
- 2 eggs
Chicken marinade ingredients:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tspn of salt
- 1 tspn of black pepper
- 1 tspn of cumin
- 1/2 tspn of spanish paprika
- A splash of lemon juice
Salad dressing ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 16 min
- In a bowl, place in the chicken breasts and marinate them with the marinade ingredients. Let it marinate for about 30 minutes in the fridge before cook time.
- In a skillet, add in some oil and the chicken. Let it cook through for about 6-7 minutes as you keep turning it.
- Once cooked, take it out, set it to cool then slice it.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add water enough to fill half the saucepan. Boil it on medium high heat.
- Once boiling hot, add in the eggs and boil them for exactly 8 minutes. This will make the eggs perfectly hard boiled.
- After the eggs are done, take them out and put them in a cold water bath/ ice bath. This helps stop the cooking process and makes it easier to peel them.
- Once out, slice into quarters.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- For the avocado, once sliced open, place it on a chopping board and gently slice into bite size pieces.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter. Then arrange the remaining ingredients ( cherry tomatoes, chicken, eggs, onion, avocado) in rows over the salad .
- Transfer salad dressing ingredients into a jar, shake well and drizzle over the salad before serving.