Personally, I have always enjoyed pork. Having it roasted, fried and all possible ways. So for this post I decided why not mix two types of meat and see what flavors would turn out from it.
I could say I had a rough idea of what taste I was expecting and that is what I aimed for. Before I could forget, I had to make this sub just because none of my friends were willing to tag along with me to Artcaffe to try out their sandwiches. It was a blessing in disguise I guess. ?
This recipe will take you such a short while and will have you wanting to experiment with different things.
Prep time: 12 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- Italian rolls ( 6 inch )
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of Parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- In a bowl, add your beef & pork
- Add your salt, pepper, oregano, chili flakes, parsley, permasan, breadcrumbs and eggs
- Mix everything thoroughly
- Roll your ground meat into balls, gently
- Set aside and heat up your pan with some vegetable oil on medium heat
- Add your meatballs in the pan. Keep turning them gently to avoid them from sticking hence breaking apart
- Cook for about 6 minutes on both sides and take them out
- Place your cheese on the meatballs and pop them in the oven at 120 degrees till the cheese melts
- Layer the meatballs with Marinara sauce. This is the recipe I used for the sauce, from my fellow food blogger, Musime.
- Serve your meatballs in the italian roll and enjoyy!
Thank you for your time and see you on the next one folks!