Chicken and cheese is a match made in heaven!! Trust me when I say this… This is mainly why I would vouch for Quesadillas any time any day!! Cheesy quesadillas that is. This specific recipe has been popular since I put it up on my Instagram and I decided why not leave it on here too you know!
Another reason I love Quesadillas is because of how filling they are, you would think otherwise due to how small they may appear but trust me four of them will keep you stuffed up for a while. I don’t have much to say, but this recipe has got to be a game changer for you!!
You will need:
- 500 gm Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 120 gm Cheddar Cheese
- Half an onion (diced)
- Half bell peppers (Red & yellow) diced
- 1 tspn of cumin
- 1 tspn of Black Pepper
- 1 tspn of Paprika
- 1 tspn of Salt
- In a bowl, coat the chicken with the spices.
- In a pan, add in some oil then the chicken.
- After about 6 minutes, the chicken should be cooked. Take it out and set it aside.
- In the same pan that cooked the chicken, add in the onion and bell peppers. Let them cook for about 2 minutes. Don’t let them overcook as we want the bell peppers still crunchy.
- In a bowl, shred the cheese completely.
- At this point, you are ready to assemble the quesadillas. On a tortilla, spread some oil on one side (the outer)
- Turn the tortilla and start adding the fillings. Start off with cheese, not too much because we will still add it again.
- Add some chicken, followed by bell peppers and onion. Finish it off with more cheese.
- Gently fold the tortilla.
- Add some oil to the pan and then add the quesadilla. Cook both sides until he cheese melts.
- Once your done, repeat the process on the remaining tortillas. Slice it into half and enjoy!
- Serve with a side of Sour cream / Salsa / Guacamole.
Thank you for reading this post, see you on the next one fam!