I like burgers for one main reason, they fill me up. One king size burger and I’m good for a couple of hours, I bet it’s the same for you ?. There are many factors to consider when making your burger delicious and dreamy, such as the texture and quality of the bun, the sauce and obviously the patty.
Making burgers at home is always a go to because you get to build your flavors and your own burger, how amazing is that?! Right. Now let me show you guys how I prefer to have my burger…
- 500 g of minced beef
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 onions (cut in form of rings)
- 2 tomatoes ; finely sliced
- 100 g of breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Half a cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of mustard
- 1 lettuce
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
- Place your minced beef in a bowl and mix in the spices.
- Add one beaten egg and mix everything thoroughly
- Add your breadcrumbs and mix it in well, the purpose for the breadcrumbs is to make sure the patties stick together.
- Form patties one by one making sure they are circular and firm
- Put the patties in the fridge for about 10 minutes. This makes them more firm.
- On a pan, add in your oil and let it heat on medium heat.
- Add in your patty, carefully and let it slow cook on each side for about 5 minutes per side.
- Repeat this with all the other patties and set them aside
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees
- Place the slices of cheese on top of the patties and pop them in the oven for about 5 minutes to make the cheese melt on the patties Once you’re done, take them out and set them aside.
Now let’s make a sauce of the burger;
- In a small bowl, add in your mayonnaise and mustard.
- Add in a pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix everything together
To assemble the burger now ( my favorite part )
- Slice your buns into two & place them on the pan to heat and become a little bit crispy
- Cut your lettuce into fair slices that will fit the burger
- In a pan, add in some oil and once it’s heated add in your onions, let them sauté and caramelize until they are brown. Then take them out.
- On the same pan, fry an egg (sunny side up) if you prefer and set it aside as well.
- Assemble your burger starting with the lower bun on the bottom, followed by a slice of lettuce , then some of the sauce we made, then the patty and tomatoes, then the caramelized onions and more sauce, then cover your burger.
- Repeat the same process with the rest and where you’re adding an egg, it should be among the last to add .
I really hope you try this out and give me your feedback! I would love to know if you enjoyed it as well, as for now.. let me leave you to go and start making this burger.. see you on the next post folks!
A BIG SHOUTOUT TO CHRIS KINYUA FOR HANDLING THE PHOTOGRAPHY FOR ME ON THIS POST.
Find him here :
Stay eating good food ,