Pancakes are those types of food that can be eaten anytime of the day without feeling odd… Am I right? This pancake recipe will yield the fluffiest, delicious and most simple pancakes you will ever make!
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising flour
- 3 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Lemon zest, of half a lemon
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tbsp melted butter/ vegetable oil
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1 egg
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total: 40 min
Yields: 9 pancakes
- In a bowl, beat the egg until light and foamy
- In a different bowl, add the dry ingredients ; flour, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest
- Whisk them to combine
- Make a well, then add wet ingredients
- Gently mix the batter, making sure not to overmix. It is fine if the batter is lumpy. Once the batter in fully incorporated, stop mixing.
- In a pan, add a tablespoon of oil and spread it as it heats
- Add 1/4 cupful of the batter to the pan. Cook on one side until bubbles begin to form, then turn the pancake and cook the other side for a minute or less.
- Repeat the process with the rest
- Serve immediately with your preferred sauce/ bacon as I did with mine!
NB: For buttermilk, take a cup of milk, squeeze lemon juice from half a lemon and mix. You have your buttermilk ready.
Thank you for reading this post fam! See you on the next...