Who loves bacon? … hold up I don’t need your obvious answer because why would you not love it? ? I am huge fan of bacon, then on chicken as well and you know you’re allowed to go crazy on the cholesterol once in a while, hehe.
Since I find chicken skewers a great appetizer, I decided to wrap them up with bacon this time to make them both crunchy and soft.
This recipe is perfect for this December season, as we know we EAT in December ! ✊??
Prep time : 30 min
Cook time : 12 min
Makes : 12-14 skewers
For you to achieve this level of delicious, you will need :
• 1/2 a kg of chicken breast
• 1/4 a kg of bacon
• 1 teaspoon of cumin
• 1 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of of garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon of paprika
• 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
• Lemon juice
• Cooking oil
For the BBQ sauce ;
• 1/2 a cup of ketchup
• Two tablespoons of soy sauce
• Two tablespoons of brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon of of black pepper
• A splash of lemon juice
1. In a bowl, add in your chicken breast and marinate it using the dry spices, soy & Worcestershire sauce. Add in lemon juice as well and let it marinate overnight or for 30 minutes.
2. Cut your chicken into lengthy strips ( DO NOT CUT IN CUBES)
3. Pierce through the chicken with the skewer and wrap it with bacon
4. On a saucepan, add your vegetable cooking oil on medium heat and let it get hot
5. Once hot, cook your skewers one by one. Keep turning them making sure both the chicken and bacon is cooked through.
6. Once ready, set aside and make the BBQ sauce.
7. For the sauce, in a sauce pan, add in all your ingredients and stir until it comes to a boil. Keep tasting and adjust the flavors to your liking.
Once ready, coat each skewer with the sauce and serve !
Enjoy your meal!
Thank you for reading this post, see you on the next one Fam!